lisa smit

on Saturday, May 11, 2013



Who are you?

My name is Lisa Smit. I am twenty and two years old, born and raised in the Netherlands and currently residing in Melbourne.



What do you love about Melbourne? What do you miss about home (the Netherlands)?

The thing I love most about Melbourne is its inhabitants. All the people I've met during my 11 days here are beautiful. They are one by one lovely, friendly, genuine and extremely open-minded human beings. For example: today I went for my first bike-ride and my tire went flat, but other cyclists immediately came up to me if they could help me out. Who doesn't want such helpful people around? Speaking of bike-rides, I kind of miss the Dutch cycling lanes a tiny bit...



Your favourite book?


 "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac. Or maybe "The Catcher in the Rye" by J.D. Salinger. It's a fifty-fifty.



What is your typical travel camera setup?

Depends where I'm travelling to. Preferably just one camera.




What makes a successful self-portrait?


"The" light. Always the light.




Have you got a blog, or any other websites you'd like to mention?

My portfolio, my flickr, my blog.


Leave your comment