dead leaves, bleeding trees

on Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bryan Ferguson, a filmmaker and photographer from Glasgow, describes himself as nocturnal, misanthropic, morbid and a Diet Coke addict. His style is distinctive, to say the least - and he's created an ethereal, eerie world that speaks from the gut-wrenching depths of the soul.






q: How’s the weather in Glasgow today?
a: The weather is disgustingly sunny. In all honesty, it is really beautiful outside. Glasgow rarely gets any sunshine so it is quite a nice change.





q: What gets you out of bed in the morning?

a: I'm unsure. I get up because society says I have to. I'm over analysing this simple question and now i'm doubting my life and how i live it. Ermm to answer this I shall say, I get out of bed happily knowing that its another day closer to the grave.





q: What gets you behind the lens?

a: I have always been a creative and visual person. I have wanted to be a filmmaker since I was 4 years old. Before I had a camera, I would draw images and was rather good gaining some decent qualifications in art and design. I then turned to filmmaking and now photography has become more than just a hobby.


I have a deeply rooted passion to create and when I don't, I fall into a dark depression and lock myself away from everything and everyone. So what gets me behind the lens is a smouldering passion to create beautiful imagery but also to avoid the suffocating emptiness that can consume me.





q: Listening to anything as you write this?

a: I have been listening to a lot of rag time Jazz as of late but at the moment I am listening to Maxille by Enabl.ed






One comment

Bryan M. Ferguson's back on Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/bryanishaunted

http://deadsymmetry.tumblr.com

by Anonymous on August 7, 2012 at 12:02 PM . #

Leave your comment